Monday, January 3

a new year.

As I looked at the calendar today, I felt surprisingly thankful for it.  God is forever- His approach to time is completely different than mine and pretty incomprehensible to me.  But for us humans- I like the idea of time being marked.  Of us celebrating and mourning and embracing its passage.  There's a separation between last year and this year and I think there's a reason for that.  There's a separation of our days and months.  Monday doesn't bleed into Tuesday and Tuesday melt into Wednesday.  Each day has 24 hours, each hour has sixty minutes, each minute with sixty seconds.  Each second a chance to start again.

That's what I kept thinking about this year.
A brand new chance to start again.
To change.
To plant.
To uproot.
To wrestle.
To embrace.
To dance.
To start.
To end.
To begin.
again.

We can be alive this year in ways we have never been before.  We can change things.  We don't have to be the same person we used to be.  It's a brand new chance to begin again.  To start over, to risk, to dream, to imagine, to pursue, to run after, to live.

"I am finding out just how good it feels to be so real in this carnival of hopes and dreams coming true.  All you do in this life echoes in eternity.

I'm raising my head and taking a new look around."

No comments: