Sunday, May 15

Yesterday.

Yesterday I soaked up every moment.

Driving with all the windows down.
Walking in the sun with a dear friend.
Listening really listening, as she shared about her life.
The way our laughs seemed to bounce off the walls.
Dancing in the middle of a busy,people-filled sidewalk.
Watching a cold drink melt- a reminder that my world is getting warm again.

Everything so brilliant and bright-
everything new.


Even later that night, as I celebrated a dear friend's birthday,
I felt like I was witnessing something magical.

The spark behind her eyes.  Knowing she felt loved.
Seeing people come together to enjoy simple company.
To share in something so valuable.

Those moments, so drenched in grace, remind me of our Father's love.

Yesterday included nothing expensive or outrageous,
but oh friends- I felt so extravagantly rich.

It was a green grass day- the kind I remember to tuck away with gratefulness. When I need to, I can pull it out like a photograph again and again.  Spring brings the reminder that nothing is ordinary, and everything is extraordinary- including you.
If we had keen vision of all that is ordinary in human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow or the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which is the other side of silence.
-George Eliot

No comments: