Wednesday, April 6

day six and six months

Today is day six of wearing the dress.

"O LORD, you hear the desire of the afflicted;
   you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear
to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed..." -Psalm 10:17

I read an article on CNN's website yesterday about a woman deceived into coming to the U.S. and being forced and threatened into working in a sweatshop.
What stuck out to me the most was that her trafficker had multiple victims and was sentenced to six months house arrest.

Six months house arrest?  Are you kidding me?

Our laws dictate that our society finds trading a drug more worthy of punishment than trading a person.

I cannot comprehend that.

I'll admit that my heart and my mind was tired of the dress this morning.  It was cold and windy out, and I got rain in my shoes and down my legs and all over everything I own.  But after reading her story, there is nothing else I'd rather wear today.

"Rest assured, any movement towards freedom or life, towards God or others, will be opposed."
-John Eldredge

PS- A picture of the dress- by request.  (For the record, I am not a lover of taking pictures of myself. which is another entry entirely.  Let's just say- I am feeling challenged by wearing the same thing every day.  It often tells more about me than I wish to know.)

Day 3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you inspire me, Elizabeth.
I love reading your thoughts... When going through my list of morning reads... I always save your blog for last.

Sarah Jane said...

you are beautiful.

Sarah said...

you my dear, are beautifully His. This made me think of you..
"To choose the pathway of holiness will sometimes require sacrificing our personal comfort and convenience. But any sacrifice we make is temporary, and cannot be compared with the joy and fulfillment we will gain in eternity. Only through seeking to be holy can we ever experience true oneness and peace in Him"